Imagine getting to the exam hall you have spent days or weeks to prepare for, but look and behold, you can hardly remember 30 percent of all you have read. Is this not embarrassing and disgusting?
May be you often forget names of people and feel ashamed to tell the person you can’t remember his or her name again. Imagine you have spent weeks to prepare for an interview but getting to the interview centre you have been longing for so long , may be to get employment or promotion but unfortunately even though you are ask simple question that you are familiar with but it has evaporated. Is this not embarrassing?
Dear reader ,it is not everything that is Satan, the problem may be due to health challenges that you are not aware of. I have been victim before and I know how embarrassing it is. But there is no problem without solution. That is why I deem important to expose to you what has worked for me and other relevant tips to improve your memory and deal with the under lying problem responsible for this challenge.
Tips and Exercises to Improve Your Memory and Boost Concentration.
A strong memory depends on the health and vitality of your brain. Whether you’re a student studying for final exams, a working professional interested in doing all you can to stay mentally sharp, or a senior looking to preserve and enhance your grey matter as you age, there are lots of things you can do to improve your memory and mental performance.
You can boost your brain power at any age.
They say that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but when it comes to the brain, scientists have discovered that this old adage simply isn’t true. The human brain has an astonishing ability to adapt and change—even into old age. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. With the right stimulation, your brain can form new neural pathways, alter existing connections, and adapt and react in ever-changing ways.
The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age.
Do you really what to improve your memory? If yes follow the these tips.
Improving Memory Tip 1:
Give your brain a workout
By the time you’ve reached adulthood, your brain has developed millions of neural pathways that help you process and recall information quickly, solve familiar problems, and execute familiar tasks with a minimum of mental effort. But if you always stick to these well-worn paths, you aren’t giving your brain the stimulation it needs to keep growing and developing. You have to shake things up from time to time!
Memory, like muscular strength, requires you to “use it or lose it.” The more you work out your brain, the better you’ll be able to process and remember information. But not all activities are equal. The best brain exercises break your routine and challenge you to use and develop new brain pathways.
Four key Elements of a Good Brain-boosting Activity
- It teaches you something new. No matter how intellectually demanding the activity, if it’s something you’re already good at, it’s not a good brain exercise. The activity needs to be something that’s unfamiliar and out of your comfort zone. To strengthen the brain, you need to keep learning and developing new skills.
- It’s challenging. The best brain-boosting activities demand your full and close attention. It’s not enough that you found the activity challenging at one point. It must still be something that requires mental effort. For example, learning to play a challenging new piece of music counts. Playing a difficult piece you’ve already memorized does not.
- It’s a skill you can build on. Look for activities that allow you to start at an easy level and work your way up as your skills improve —always pushing the envelope so you continue to stretch your capabilities. When a previously difficult level starts to feel comfortable, that means it’s time to tackle the next level of performance.
- It’s rewarding. Rewards support the brain’s learning process. The more interested and engaged you are in the activity, the more likely you’ll be to continue doing it and the greater the benefits you’ll experience. So choose activities that, while challenging, are still enjoyable and satisfying.
Think of something new you’ve always wanted to try, like learning how to play the guitar, make pottery, juggle, play chess, speak French, dance the tango, or master your golf swing. Any of these activities can help you improve your memory, so long as they keep you challenged and engaged.
Here are also few of the Great Memory Improvement Tips :
|Brain Games Training. Keeping your memory sharp can be fun. There are over 250 free online brain games on this site you can play anytime.These games improve memory, attention, concentration, and more. I’ve even added a free version of Dual N-Back, the only brain game proven to raise IQ!
No registering, no loggin in. Just go to the game page and start playing.
|Memory Techniques. The Memory Systems, a group of memory techniques based on visualization, is the real miracle that most people have never heard of.A quick example: To memorize that “Atlanta” is the capital of Georgia, imagine an ant landing on George Washington’s head. “Ant Land On + George” = Atlanta, Georgia!
These visualization methods can be used to memorize lists, vocabulary, reading material, people’s names, math formulas, or any other type of information.
|Proven Study Methods. Memory techniques are only part of the learning puzzle. To learn even faster and remember more, use the best study skills. These proven methods help students of all ages remember better.|
|Maybe It’s a Sleep Problem… It’s amazing how poor sleep can hurt your memory. If you have trouble sleeping at night or simply are not getting enough hours of sleep, it could be causing your memory problems.|
Fish Oil – The New Memory Fix. Do you or someone you know have problems concentrating? An Omega-3 deficiency sometimes causes this problem, because modern diets often don’t provide enough of this nutrient.In one study in Britain, school children with poor concentration and memory who received Fish Oil vitamins showed a big improvement in behavior and school performance. Read more about the many benefits of fish oil supplements.
|Grow New Brain Cells. Amazingly, it is possible to grow new brain cells (neurons) in the memory center of your brain. According to research, intense aerobic exercise (such as running, biking, etc.) stimulates the growth of cells in the brain’s hippocampus.|
What about brain-training programs?
There are countless brain-training apps and online programs that promise to boost memory, problem-solving, attention, and even IQ with daily practice. But do they really work? Increasingly, the evidence says no.
In Summary, follow the Following Tips to Improve your Brain:
(1) Eat right: The foods you eat and don’t eat play a crucial role in your memory and mind. Eat whole meal, take much fruits and vegetables.
(2) Give yourself to exercise.
(3) Get a good night sleep and have regular time of going to bed and waking up.
(4) Master New skills this also enhanced the effectiveness of the brain.
(5) Drink water very well especially when you wake up in the morning, this refresh your system, cleanse toxins that may block your veins and by so doing make your mind and memory sharp .
I wish you a Fulfilled Life!
Latest posts by Abiodun Odeyemi (see all)
- Discover The Secret of Making Money Online Legitimately - June 13, 2017
- How To Make Extra Cash Continuously for Life - May 30, 2017
- 14 Ways to Make More Money & 5 Special Tips to Enjoy Financial Freedom - May 16, 2017